Saturday, July 7, 2007

Fun times and Scary times!

On July 3rd we decided to act like little kids (minus the drinks), so we went to......DAVE AND BUSTERS!!!
We played some


skee ball! ( I won two games) :)

And a little


Car racing. (Contrary to photo persausion, it is not good to drink and drive)

After racing we



shot some hoops. (Again, I win 4 games. Almost doubling Steve's score every time!) Imagine that!!!

We ended up winning lots of tickets! Take a look in Steve's pocket:



We traded in our tickets for some real nice drinking glasses.

We had such a great time. It was the first night we were able to go out, drink together, and stay up late without worrying about waking up for work the next day. The best part is, after a couple of drinks Steve smiles wonderfully for pictures!

Gotta love him!

We waited for our taxi cab to come pick us up....and crashed at home, slept in the next morning and then I made our favorite, chocolate pancakes. The 4th of July was very relaxing! We just hung out all day and watched movies. Becuase of all the recent rain we decided to not see the fireworks. Its okay, there's always next year, right?

Now, for some other news. Last night, Friday night, Steve officially received his first Texas cowboy boot!

Trust me, its not what you think.......
after sliding into second base in the bottom of the second inning of his softball game, steve went down.......and stayed down.
After taking one look at the ankle when he got back to the dugout I immediately knew we would finally see the inside of our first Texas hospital. In a matter of minutes his foot looked like this:


Sorry to gross you out, but I had to post it...it's the grossest thing in the world!!!! X-rays confirmed his ankle is not broken but he is confined to his very own huge black orthipedic boot for the next couple days. Doctor diagnosed a Level 3 Sprain.

After driving around for some prescriptions and picking up some food we finally got home - boot, cruches - and all at around 1am. Steve officially has a file in a Texas hospital now. Not one of our goals when moving here! :(

He's resting lots. This morning his ankle is a beautiful purple color! Yikes!

Say a prayer. I hope he gets better soon.....he's out of work for 2-3 days. I know it could be lots worse.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The ankle does look really bad. i hope it gets better soon. Say hi to Steve from us. Im so happy that u guys are getting along so well. I pray for both of u a lot. I sure hope everything works out great for you two.Theres really nothing new here at all, except that its been really really hot. In the 90s.we also need rain really bad. I put in a week at my new job, its hard to tell how it will be, its too early. All i knowis that I dont want to keep changing jobs. I cant wait till we seeu in Chicago. Please send me the hotel name and adress okay? its coming up fast.Well, its getting late so sweet dreams. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Ok, Steve's ankle looks disgusting! I hope he is feeling better, and the swelling has gone down a bit. Your nite out looked liked a lot of fun, its good that you guys had time to go out together, that is always fun!! Anabelle and Maddie loved that place when we came to visit. Well I hope Steve is doing better, and I'll see you soon in Chicago.

Love you
Nicky